The RTS GATE-3 testing is an expanded option to our GATE-2 testing. This expanded testing includes additional Doble, Bump, and ELCID testing. The following testing will be performed during an GATE-3 generator test. This is included in a base bid:
Inspections/ Tests performed
- Borescope inspection of stator winding, rotor winding and blocking (as accessible), stator core step laminations and fingerplates
- Insulation resistance of RTD’s, stator winding, and rotor winding
- Stator Winding Test – Polarization Index (PI), Resistance, DC step voltage test. ELCID, Wedge map
- Rotor Winding Test – Polarization Index, Resistance, AC Impedance, RSO
- Doble, Bump, and ELCID testing
- Visual inspection
- Insulation resistance tests
- Standardized format provided electronically (cd or electronic mail)
- Photographs of critical areas in the stator winding, core, and rotor.
- Dielectric absorption graph and analysis of insulation integrity
- Summary of all insulation and winding resistance measurements taken.
- Any anomalies reported immediately with the Final Report submitted within 10 days of inspection
- Reveals pending faults in winding of the rotor and stator.
- Reveals deterioration of coil insulation caused by corona or end winding.
- Reveals possible shorted core laminations
- Reveals loose slot support system
- Establishes a “base line” for evaluating future inspections and input for establishing planned major maintenance activities
- Option – Electrical Isolation
- RTS can also provide an estimate for the neutral and main leads disconnection prior to electrical testing and reconnect upon completion of testing.