The Reliable Turbine Services GATE 1 testing service is perfect for establishing baseline readings on customer generator equipment. This rotor-in-place testing is non-invasive and can be conducted within the timing of a borescope inspection, turbine minor or combustion inspection.
The following items are included in our base GATE-1 generator testing:
- Borescope inspection of stator winding, rotor winding and blocking (as accessible), stator core step laminations and fingerplates
- Insulation resistance of RTD’s, stator winding, and rotor winding
- Stator Winding Test – Polarization Index (PI), Resistance, DC step voltage test
- Rotor Winding Test – Polarization Index, Resistance, AC Impedance
- Visual inspection
- Insulation resistance tests
- Standardized format provided
- Photographs of critical areas in the stator winding, core, and rotor.
- Dielectric absorption graph and analysis of insulation integrity
- Summary of all insulation and winding resistance measurements taken.
- Any anomalies reported immediately with the Final Report submitted within 10 days of inspection
- Reveals pending faults in winding of the rotor and stator
- Reveals deterioration of coil insulation caused by corona or end winding vibration
- Establishes a “base line” for evaluating future inspections and input for establishing planned major maintenance activities
- Optional Testing – Electrical Isolation
- RTS can also provide an estimate for the neutral and main leads disconnection prior to electrical testing and reconnect upon completion of testing.