The Sales Representative utilizes customer, industry and product knowledge and sound business principles to prospect for, quote and close the sale of the entire RTS portfolio of service offerings that benefit the customer while contributing to meeting RTS’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and close sales opportunities to meet company sales and margin targets.
- Maintain strong relationships at multiple levels of customer organizations to maximize opportunities for work.
- Understand customer needs and budget requirements in order to develop complex opportunities.
- Develop and internally sell project strategy to maximize sales opportunities.
- Provide data on outages and opportunities to drive sales forecast. Update management on a regular basis to any changes.
- Collect and communicate customer feedback to assist in the development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Understand industry trends and how they impact business opportunities and deal strategy.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business Administration.
- Required 5-10 years’ related experience in technical sales or operations.
- Preferred Experience with Steam Turbine operations, parts and services.
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally 30-50% of the time.